Your employer has a duty of care to protect you and tell you about health and safety issues that affect you in the workplace. They must also report certain accidents and incidents, pay you sick pay and give you time off because of an accident at work should you need it.
helping you through Accidents At Work Claims
Your health and wellbeing matters
What does my employer have a legal duty to ensure?
- Make sure you’re properly trained
- Provide you with suitable work and personal protective equipment
- Undertake risk assessments
- Manage business activities to minimise risks to your health and safety
- Provide safe working systems
You may be able to make an accident at work claim if you’ve been injured as a result of health and safety procedures not being followed. In some instances you may even be able to claim if you caused the accident, for instance if your injuries were made worse because of a piece of faulty equipment.
It may also be possible to claim if a workplace accident made an existing injury or condition worse.