Occupiers liability claims cover you for an accident or injury you sustain on the premises of a privately owned property, for example, in a restaurant or shopping store.
At Envision solicitors, we specialise in retrieving the compensation that you deserve.
Speak to our team today to get your claim started.
helping you through Occupiers Liability Claims
Your health and wellbeing matters
You must be able to prove six things to make a claim, these are listed in the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 (OLA)
- That the Occupier is an occupier as defined by the OLA
- You were entitled to be on the premises i.e. were a lawful visitor
- The danger that caused the injury was due to the state of the property rather than an activity occurring on it
- The danger was something that the occupier knew about or should have known about
- The danger was something the occupier could have reasonably guarded against
- That the occupier’s failure has caused the injury and/or losses
“Liberty is the right to do what the law permits.”
plan of action
Some helpful tips to help your claim
Because of the Claimant’s (your) need to prove there has been a breach of duty, it is definitely beneficial when involved in an accident to obtain and keep the following
- A picture of the danger you were injured upon
- Any documents in relation to your presence upon the property, tickets etc.